Health & Benefits Information
The City of Beaufort offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit the needs of our employees and their families.
An employee's deduction for medical and dental premiums, flexible spending accounts, deferred compensation and the City's retirement plans are all taken on a pre-tax basis. This means that before federal, state, and Social Security taxes are calculated and deducted from an employees' pay, these deductions are used/taken to reduce the gross pay and thereby reduce taxes.
- Insurance Options
- Leave & Holiday Benefits
- Retirement Benefits
- Awards & Recognition
- Other Benefits & Opportunities
- Dental Insurance Through Delta Dental
- Medical Insurance Administered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina - PPO Plan and HDHP Plan
- Vision Insurance through Physicians Eyecare Plan
- Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance
- Voluntary Long-Term Disability (Offered Through Mutual of Omaha)
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability (Offered Through Mutual of Omaha)
- Annual and Sick Leave is earned/accrued biweekly by all regular, full-time and permanent part-time employees as a percentage of normal work hours.
- Bereavement Leave is provided to all regular, full-time employees in the case of death of an immediate family member.
The City of Beaufort offers 10 paid holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day After Thanksgiving
- Day before Christmas Holiday
- Christmas Holiday
To further recognize those employees who have set examples of performance worthy of emulation by others, the City has established the Employee Recognition Program. A recognition program is to acknowledge employees' contributions to the overall objectives and effective operation of the City of Beaufort will promote good employee relations, improve morale and increase productivity.
The City's recognition program is to recognize employees across the board, who demonstrate high quality or above and beyond performances.
A committee made up of staff from each department decides how awards will be given.
The City of Beaufort is an equal opportunity employer. Information contained in this summary should in no way be construed as a promise or guarantee of employment. The City reserves the right to modify, amend, suspend, or terminate any plan at any time for any reason. If there is a conflict between information in this site and actual plan documents or policies, the documents or policies always govern.
Complete details about these benefits can be obtained by reviewing current plan description or policies available from the Human Resources Department.