Criminal and Traffic Court sessions are scheduled on Mondays and Thursdays starting at 3 p.m. Contact the Clerk's Office for specific information. Please have your ticket or warrant number ready when you call.
Information you should know
- If you do not wish to appear in court, please call the Clerk's Office to confirm the bond amount for your violation and be advised of any subsequent consequences of such convictions (eg., points assessed to your license). Typically, fines can be reduced if paid prior to court. There may be situations where your appearance will be needed in court to ensure you understand your rights.
- If the sentence to your charge has a possibility of incarceration upon sentencing, and you are indigent (lack the ability to pay), you may apply for the services of the public defender. Please obtain an application from one of our team members in person at 1901 Boundary St., Beaufort, or call 843-525-7036 to have one faxed or emailed to you. Turn in the completed application to the Beaufort County Clerk of Court’s Office at 102 Ribaut Road, Beaufort, SC 29902, or call 843-255-5056.
- You may pay in person at the Municipal Court Office at 1901 Boundary St.
- Personal local checks, cash, and credit cards are accepted. The cashier's window is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- You may prefer to mail in your payment. Checks may be mailed to our administrative office located at:
1901 Boundary St.
Beaufort, SC 29902
Email the Clerk