Beaufort Means Business
Beaufort is all about business. We offer a stable economy, great location and a desire to assist companies with relocation, expansion and retention. Beaufort is within one hour drive to Charleston or Savannah. The City Manager and the Director of Community & Economic Development provides personal assistance to help businesses incubate, grow and/or relocate with information on: Demographics, Incentives, Opportunity Sites, Transportation, and the Workforce.
Doing Business with the City
Beaufort Vendor Registry is an initiative made possible through a collaboration of the City Finance Department - Purchasing Office. Vendor Registry provides a one-stop, twenty-four hour portal for vendor services and contract information. It allows vendors to express interest in doing business with the City and effectively self manage W9, registration, compliance, and bid information, and provides open access for vendors to complete for the public's business. Vendor Registry
Licenses and Permits
The Community & Economic Development enforces the City Building and Zoning Codes. They offer information about obtaining business permits and licenses, inspections, zoning, engineering and more. The department also promotes high quality design standards for new construction, as well as renovation and reuse of existing City buildings.
The State of South Carolina and Beaufort County Economic Development Corporation provides programs, services, and incentives that make it easier for corporations, vendors and small business to operate and succeed in our state.
Equal Business Opportunity
Our website provides information on a wide range of topics, including resources pertaining to minority business participation on
City contracts and becoming certified to do business with the City of Beaufort.
- The City offers a number of incentive programs designed to assist new and expanding industries.
- Historic Beaufort Foundation provides technical assistance in the rehabilitation of historic buildings.
- Commerce Business Park (Industrial Park)
- 500 Carteret Street, Office Building
- Beaufort-Jasper Water Sewer Authority, Phone: 843-987-9200
- Building Permits/Inspections, Phone: 843-525-7040
- Business Licenses/Hospitality Fees, Phone: 843-525-7025
- Chamber of Commerce, Phone: 843-986-5400
- Fire Inspections, Phone: 843-525-7055
- Incentive Programs, Phone: 843-525-7072
- Information, Phone: 843-525-7070
- IRS - Income/Withholding Taxes, Phone: 800-829-3636
- Real and Personal Property Taxes, Phone: 843-470-2519
- Sanitation/Recycling Services, Phone: 843-645-4100
- South Carolina Electric and Gas, Phone: 800-251-7234