News Flash Home
The original item was published from 6/2/2021 9:07:56 AM to 12/14/2022 2:29:36 PM.

News Flash

News

Posted on: June 2, 2021

[ARCHIVED] City of Beaufort adds hurricane readiness page to website

2021 Hurricane guide coverBEAUFORT, S.C. –  Residents of the City of Beaufort are encouraged to bookmark a new Hurricane Readiness page on the City’s website, which includes information and tips from local, state, and national resources.  

The page includes the 2021 Hurricane Guide from the State of South Carolina, as well as a link to South Carolina’s new dedicated hurricane information website. It includes an FAQ with local, state and regional information, as well as links to Ready.gov, a federal website that provides advice on how to prepare for and recover from major disasters.

The Atlantic Hurricane Season runs from June 1 through Nov. 30. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Climate Prediction Center has predicted another above-normal Atlantic hurricane season for 2021. Forecasters predict a 60% chance of an above-normal season, a 30% chance of a near-normal season, and a 10% chance of a below-normal season. Fortunately, experts do not expect the historic level of storm activity seen in 2020.

In the event of a tropical storm or hurricane watch or warning, the City of Beaufort will ensure that up-to-date information is shared on the City’s Facebook and Nextdoor pages, as well as on Twitter. Residents are also encouraged to sign up for Nixle notifications, an application that sends email or text messages from local public safety agencies, and is especially helpful during potential disasters.

In addition to the hurricane page, the City recently added a Flood Awareness page to its website. This offers information on flood insurance maps, the National Flood Insurance Program, and tips on how to protect you, your family, and your home.

######

 Find us:

facebook.com/CityBeaufortSC
twitter.com/CityBeaufortSC
instagram.com/citybeaufortsc
cityofbeaufort.org

 

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in News

Applications open for HTAX grants

Posted on: February 14, 2024
City Hall drone1_233px

City offices closed on Presidents Day

Posted on: February 13, 2024
City Hall drone1_233px

Planning retreat set for Jan. 30-31

Posted on: January 23, 2024
Thumbnails-233x251-Budget

City recognized for excellence in budget presentation

Posted on: January 22, 2024 | Last Modified on: September 12, 2018
Thumbnails-233x251-Budget

City performs well on annual audit

Posted on: January 11, 2024
Holiday Schedule 2023 Graphic

Holiday schedule for the City of Beaufort

Posted on: December 19, 2023
Phil Cromer_

Cromer to be sworn in as mayor on Dec. 19

Posted on: December 13, 2023
Bullhorn

Pigeon Point Dock is closed

Posted on: November 29, 2023
City IG Holiday Weekend

Holiday Weekend is just around the corner!

Posted on: November 14, 2023

Cromer, Sutton are candidates for mayor

Posted on: November 2, 2023
Fueling PD high-water vehicles

City of Beaufort prepares for Idalia

Posted on: August 28, 2023
Benjamin Coppage_HeadShot

Council appoints city attorney

Posted on: August 23, 2023
Thumbnails-233x251-Grants

ATAX workshop added for Aug. 23

Posted on: August 16, 2023
Thumbnails-233x251-Grants

ATAX workshop on Aug. 10

Posted on: August 8, 2023
Taste of Beaufort_233px

A Taste of Beaufort set for May 5-6

Posted on: April 20, 2023

City offices closed on Presidents Day

Posted on: February 15, 2023

Public meetings week of Feb. 13

Posted on: February 13, 2023