Project management will work to keep traffic disruptions to a minimum throughout this project, but some delays are inevitable. For daily updates, visit the Boundary Street Update page. Local media will be asked to share regular updates and announcements about lane closures or traffic pattern changes.
It is anticipated that a significant portion of the necessary work will occur at night to minimize traffic disruptions. The current lane-closure rules are:
- During daytime work, lanes may be shifted, but four lanes of traffic will be open
- Lanes can be closed only at night, between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. Monday through Friday
- On Sundays, lanes can be closed between 1 p.m. and 6 a.m. Monday
- Other lane closures and detours will be submitted to the South Carolina Department of Transportation (SCDOT) on an as-needed basis and are anticipated only in extreme conditions or unforeseen circumstances
- On Saturdays, South Carolina Department of Transportation rules allow lane closures at any time
To minimize impact on business along the construction path, it will be a priority for contractors to maintain access to driveways and store entrances throughout the project. Please pay extra attention when driving through the construction zone.