BEAUFORT, S.C. (Sept. 12, 2023) – Scott Street in downtown Beaufort, from Port Republic Street to Bay Street, will be closed to vehicular traffic for five days beginning Monday, Sept. 18, through Friday, Sept. 22. Businesses will remain open. This is to allow for the necessary water and sewer connections for 303 Associates’ Beaufort Inn hotel project, as well as relocating some current water and sewer connections for buildings on Bay Street.
- To retain all foot traffic to Scott Street businesses, the entire east side sidewalk (from Carolina Me Crazy to Rain n Bagels) will remain open.
- The west side sidewalk, from the Verdier House to Bathe/Greyhound Flats, will remain open from Bay Street to the retailer Bathe in Beaufort.
- Signage will be placed at both the intersection of Scott and Port Republic and Scott and Bay Streets alerting pedestrian and vehicular traffic that all Scott Street businesses are open, and will name each business.
- Signage will be placed on Port Republic Street, prior to the intersection with Scott, alerting vehicles, particularly trucks, that Scott Street is closed.
- The loading zones on Scott Street will not be available during this time period.
- The barricades at each end of the street will be movable by emergency personnel, so they will have access in the event of emergency.
- The area of the work itself will be fenced.
- There are no anticipated disruptions in water service to the businesses along Scott Street.
Crews will be conducting work as efficiently and quickly as possible, including night work, said 303 Associates CEO Courtney Worrell.
To get updates on 303 Associates’ projects impacting downtown Beaufort, please sign up here: https://lp.constantcontactpages.com/sl/LC9PBlt.