Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Our City has a simple message:
Stay home. Go out only for essentials. Practice social distancing when you do go out.
Staying home saves lives!
GROWING NUMBERS: The numbers of confirmed cases of COVID-19 continue to grow in South Carolina. As of this afternoon, there are 298 confirmed cases in 34 counties. Twenty-one people have tested positive in Beaufort County. Sadly, five people in the state have died from this disease. SeeDHEC map showing where cases are.
DHEC’s main page
GOV. MCMASTER: At his press conference Monday afternoon, the governor said that while many people in the state were staying at home and following best practices (wash hands ALL the time!), many were not. “Too many people are not using common sense,” he said. He issued an executive order giving law enforcement officers the ability to disperse groups of three or more (excluding workplaces and homes) if officers believed that the group was endangering public safety. Office of Governor website
BEAUFORT MEMORIAL HOSPITAL: On March 21, Beaufort Memorial Hospital canceled elective surgery. That has allowed the hospital to free up more beds, and conserve supplies and personal protective equipment for its medical staff. Gov. McMaster said that with cancellations of elective surgery across the state, beds have been freed up to handle incoming patients. Go to Beaufort Memorial Hospital’s website for the latest information on what you should do if you believe you have symptoms.
MENTAL HEALTH BREAKS: Give yourself and your family a break from the news. Go out for walks – just keep your distance from others. A big thank you to the local exercise and yoga studios, as well as the YMCA, for offering online classes and videos. Here’s a list:
•YMCA has on demand video classes at ymca360.org
• Balance Boutique Fitness is offering online classes more info on their Facebook pagehttps://www.facebook.com/balanceboutiquefitness/
• Crossfit Beaufort is having outdoor classes for members and loaning equipment to members to use at home.
• Omni Fitness is offering mobile trainer to come to your home https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f044daba62aa3f58-trainer
• Celadon Club and Wellness Center is offering online classes through their Facebook pageCeladon Club Wellness Center
• One Yoga Sanctuary Via the Zoom App http://www.oneyogasanctuary.com/
• Effervescence Yoga Spa is offering online classeshttps://www.effervescenceyogaspa.com/
REMINDERS: City of Beaufort offices are closed to the public to protect our employees and our residents. Many of our employees are working from home. They are answering phone calls and emails during business hours. This press release has more information.
Beaufort City Council work session and regular meeting is canceled for Tuesday, March 24.
RESTAURANTS: Support our restaurants by ordering to-go. Downtown restaurants have set up curbside pickups. Various restaurants also offer delivery. Find map here.