BEAUFORT, S.C. (May 12, 2020) – The City of Beaufort Municipal Court will resume court sessions beginning Thursday, May 14, with new social distancing and health guidelines to help minimize risk to court participants.
Courthouse administrative offices are open from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday-Friday.Defendants are encouraged to contact the court before their court date for information regarding reductions in fines or diversionary programs; call 843-525-7036. Defendants are also encouraged to email proof of compliance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to expect when appearing on your trial date?
A check-in station will be set up outside the Courthouse near the disability-accessible entry. The docket will be checked to ensure you are on it and your temperature may be taken.
- Face masks are required to enter the courtroom.
- Social distancing guidelines will be in force.
- One defendant will appear in court at a time.
- City staff will wear gloves and face masks.
- If paperwork is required after court, it will be emailed or mailed to you.
If you are ill, please contact the court team at 843-525-7036.